Voted the Best Overnight Camp in New Hampshire, sessions sell out quickly. We accept registrations in the order we receive them, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected status. Program rates include all costs of summer camp, except transportation to/from camp and Camp Store accounts.
Camper Success (Essential Eligibility Criteria)
Our highest priority isÂ providing a safe and positive experienceÂ toÂ all campers in our care. Experience shows that successful participation in Takodah programs requiresÂ the ability toÂ do the following, with appropriate guidance from staff:
- Understand and follow directions of staff
- Communicate needs and concerns to staff
- Identify and avoid health/safety risks
- Maneuver rugged terrain and distances
- Follow a varied individual schedule and manage free time
- AssumeÂ responsibility for personal hygiene
- Maintain proper nutrition and hydration
- Refrain from abusive behaviors (physical or verbal) toward self andÂ others
- AdaptÂ to a positiveÂ group living environment, with very little downtime from others
- Participate fully in all scheduled activities and programs
- Demonstrate social and emotional skills in managing stress and conflict
- ContributeÂ to the positive community and spirit of Takodah
Takodah endeavorsÂ to accommodate children with special needsâ€”within the limitations of our resources, natural surroundings, rustic facilities, staff ratios, and program standardsâ€”while preserving the nature of the camp experience for all campers. We are not able to provide an attendant (one-on-one staff member) to address a camper’s personal needs, nor can we accommodate medical conditions or impairments requiringÂ treatment beyond the scope of our health center and nurses.
Before enrolling a child with special medical, mental, or psychological needs, please contact the Camping Services Director to discuss potentialÂ accommodations.
All registrations must be accompanied by a $125 deposit per child per session. A valid email address is required for registration. Please enroll your child in one of the following ways:
- Register Online
- Register by Phone (603-352-0447): Please have your camper’s name, date of birth, and grade level handy, as well as your Mastercard or Visa ($125 deposit per session due upon registration).
Cancellation and Refund
The deposit is fully refundable until February 14. All other payments are refundable until May 31. The Camping Services Director will consider refunds after May 31 only in the event of an injury/illness or death in the immediate family. There are no refunds starting June 1 for any other reason, even for campers who arrive late, depart early, cancel, or are dismissed from the program.
We accept payment by cash, check, money order, MasterCard, and Visa. Families may pay in full during registration or make payments according to the schedule below. We ask families who do not pay in full to authorize automatic debit/credit payments.
If a family has not paid in full by May 31, their spot will be given away to another camper on the waiting list. If a camperâ€™s spot is given away, any payments made will not be refunded.
- Deposit of $125 per session due upon registration
- 50% of the balance is due onÂ MarchÂ 15
- Remaining balance is due on MayÂ 15
Camp Doc is our online healthÂ program.Â Camp Doc health profiles are required for all campersâ€”and must be completed by May 1. In January, you’ll receive an email invitation for Camp Doc. At that time, you’llÂ start by completing your health profile, where youâ€™ll upload required documents, including a health exam signed by a physician.
Cabin Mate Requests
We make every effort to honor requests in ways that maintain the integrity of our â€śFriendly to Allâ€ť emphasis on helping campers make new friends. Each new camper is guaranteed one cabin mate request, as long as they follow the proper procedures. We cannot accommodate more than one request per camper under any circumstance. In making cabin mate requests, families need to follow these guidelines:
- Each camper may only request one other camper
- Both campers must request each other
- Both campers must be the same sex and ageâ€”if one camper is older, theyÂ must drop down to the younger cabin
- Both requests must be made in writing during the registration process or in an emailÂ to the office at least three weeks before your session
Takodah is unable to make cabin changes on Opening Days.
Camp Store Accounts
Campers can visit the Camp Store every day to purchase camp gear, souvenirs, and ice cream. Campers arenâ€™t permitted to have cash at camp, so families need to setup a store account for them. Most families deposit $50 per session. Any remaining funds are eligible for refund on Closing Day; however, most families leave their remaining store funds behind as a donation to our Campership Fund, which helps disadvantaged kids attend camp. If you donâ€™t refund your Camp Store account on your Closing Day, we will automatically consider it a donation to the Campership Fund.
Plan to make your Camp Store deposits when you submit your final registration fees.
Parents are responsible for providing transportation to/from Camp Takodah for their campers at their own expense. If your child is flying to camp, we can provide transportation for them from the Boston Logan International Airport ($100 round-trip) during the following time-frames only:
- Opening Days: 10:30 AM – 2:30 PM
- Closing Days: 2:00 – 6:00 PM
If you prefer to send your camper outside of these time-frames, youâ€™re responsible for securing your own transportation to Camp Takodah.
Please contact the Camp Office at least three weeks before your session to arrange transportation and pay the transportation fees.
The Cheshire YMCA and Camp Takodah sometimes offers incentive programs. Please note that these incentives may not be combined. The only incentive you may combine with another incentive program is our Camper Referral Program.
Financial Assistance (Camperships)
We are committed to giving young people the resources they need to reach their potentialâ€”providing their families with access and support to attend Camp Takodah programs. Campership Request Applications are due no later than February 14.Â For more information on our Campership Program, please contact the Camp Office.Â Please note that CampershipsÂ may not be combined with any other incentives except the Camper Referral Program.
May 13, 2018
10:00 AM â€“ 12:00 noon
See for yourself what makes Takodah so special! Join us for an Open House to learn more about summer camp. Staff members and Leaders-in-Training will be available to offer tours and answer questions. If you canâ€™t make the Open House, please call us to arrange a private tour at a time thatâ€™s convenient for you.